Sunday, August 2, 2009

A boy by the sea

All around me, witness the sea
An eternal shrine of serenity.
And swirls of smoke float away, high
Into the redrush of the scarlet sky.
And clouds overhead, calling to me
Birds fly by, daydreaming, free.
Conifers of peace, swaying and wise
In this universe, nothing dies.
Wind in my hair holds me ever so dear,
Whispering lovesongs into my ear.
And what are waves but lullabies of Nature?
And what am I, but Her caricature?
Looking above, I spot the sun
And in fiery glaze, I see Everyone.

***

Tonight,

I am sitting on a rock by the sea. And I am witnessing the most beautiful painting in the world. A cold summer sun drowns the silent ocean in a glamorous shade of gold. The soft waves lap at the sand around me. I feel...peaceful. Like as if, nothing matters. Like as if, I am one with the elements. There is a boat in the distance, its silhouette bobbing sleepily. Calm. Islands smile at me from far, far away. Seagulls beckon me to fly with them. There are rocks playing hide and seek with me, showing themselves, and disappearing into the water with happy giggles. My mind cannot help but wander off deep into the cradle of the scarlet clouds above me. A blissful dream. I feel like a new-born child, caressed by a caring, secret breeze whispering lullabies in my ear. I feel like every step I take from here will take me further away from everyone else. No hassles. No troubles. Just love, and beauty. And, simplicity. What more can one want from the world?

Ah, this feeling.
I never, ever want to forget this feeling. This feeling in my heart that seems to scream into the very bones of my body, saying, "You belong, brother. You belong."

End

No comments:

Post a Comment